THE SPECIALIZED AGENCY OF THE PEOPLE'S COMMITTEE OF LAM DONG PROVINCE
Department of Planning and Investment of Lam Dong Province
Address: 36 Tran Phu Street - Da Lat City - Lam Dong Province.
II. Department's leaders
III. Position and functions
1. Department of Planning and Investment is an agency directly belonging to the LamDong People’s Committee. Its functions include state management of all activities related to planning and investment, such as: general planning on socio-economic development; implementation of proposal on mechanism, policy for socio-economic management; foreign and domestic investment; management of official development assistance (ODA), and non-governmental fund (NGO); tendering; business registration; summarizing and managing issues related to entrepreneurs, collective business, private business; providing public services under the legal regulations.
2. Department of Planning and Investment has its own legal entity, its own seal and bank account; is under the administration of the provincial People’s Committee on organization, personnel and activities; at the same time, is under the administration, guidance, inspection and examination of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
IV. Duties and Rights
1. Submitting to the Provincial People’s Committee to issue
- General planning, strategic planning for 5-year and annual socio-economic development of the province; allocating investment fund within the local budget; investment promotion planning for the province; balancing the socio-economic development of the province; balancing spending and savings, investment fund and finance.
- Action plan for the socio-economic development under the Resolution of the provincial People’s Council; responsible for supervising, summarizing the implementation progress monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly to report to the provincial People’s Committee under their administration and coordination to balance the socio-economic development of the province.
- Planning, schedule for re-arranging state business under the local administration; management mechanism and assistance policy for state businesses, and small-and-medium businesses, and other business units.
- Decisions, instructions; programs, methodology for implementing administration reform activities in planning and investment under the department’s responsibilities, and under the department’s duties assigned by the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
- List of domestic and foreign investment projects, which will be adjusted according to periodical plan.
- Detailed regulations on title for head or vice head of divisions under the department; head and vice head of Division of Finance and Investment under the district’s People’s Committee. This is to be done after agreeing with the Department of Finance following the instruction of the provincial People’s Committee.
2. Submit to Chairman of the People’s Committee to issue
- Decision, instructions and other documents related to the department’s state management responsibility under the issuance capacity of the Chairman.
- Decision for establishment, merger, separation, re-organization, dissolution of units within the Department of Planning and Investment.
- Issuance, adjustment, withdrawal of investment certificate under the department’s capacity
3. Instruct, examine, inform, publicize, organize, implement: Assist the Chairman of People's Committee to instruct, examine, inform, publicize law on planning and investment; implement and follow legal documents, policies, plans, programs, projects under the state management capacity of the Department of Planning and Investment.
- Announce, and hold responsibility for implementing the master plan for the province’s socio-economic development after the plan is approved.
- Manage and operate some areas and plans assigned by the provincial People’s Committee
- Instruct other departments, agencies, district’s People's Committee to build their plan in accordance with the province’s master plan for its socio-economic development.
- Collaborate with the Department of Finance to estimate budget and allocate budget for the province’s departments, agencies and units.
5. Domestic and foreign investment
- Lead and collaborate with Department of Finance to formulate plan and allocate investment budget for each program, project using the state budget of the province, so that the allocation is appropriate with the total budget and investment framework.
- Lead and collaborate with the Department of Finance and other departments, agencies to examine, supervise and evaluate the efficiency of using investment fund of programs and projects in the province; supervise the investment activities of the people.
- Act as a local agency which receives, examines, inspects, supervises, and assesses investment projects under the capacity of the province’s People's Committee.
- Manage domestic and foreign investment activities in the province; organize investment promotion activities according to plan approved by the provincial People's Committee; instruct instructions in investment procedures.
6. Management of ODA and non-governmental fund
- Gather, attract, coordinate the management of ODA and non-governmental fund of the province; instruct other departments, agencies to make a list with detailed content of programs using ODA fund and non-governmental fund; collect these lists and submit them to the provincial People's Committee, and report them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
- Assess the implementation of ODA and non-governmental programs; within the department’s capacity or as assigned by the Chairman of People's Committee, solve the disputes in budget allocation, disbursement of ODA and non-governmental programs; submit periodical report in the conditions and results of promotion activities and usage of ODA and non-governmental fund.
7. Management of investment projects and bidding
a. Management of investment projects: assess, supervise, inspect and examine the implementation of investment according to legal regulations; periodically or unexpectedly report to the provincial People's Committee on the implementation process of investment projects.
b. Management of bidding:
- Assess and hold responsibility for content of documents submitted to the Chairman of People's Committee about bidding procedures of projects under the decision capacity of the provincial People's Committee. Assess and submit to the provincial People's Committee to approve bidding documentation, bidding results of projects whose investor is the provincial People's Committee. Assess and approve bidding plan of projects or bidding packages as assigned by the provincial People's Committee.
- Instruct, monitor, supervise, inspect and examine the implementation of legal regulations on bidding and reporting on approved projects, and the implementation of bidding process.
8. Business and business registration
- Assess and hold responsibility for plan to formulate, arrange and organize state business in the local; gather general information on the arrangement, reform and development of state business and the development of business of other types.
- Implement and hold responsibility for business registration procedures; registration of temporary halt; issuance, addition, change, re-issuance and withdrawal of business registration certificate, branch certificate, office certificate; collaborate with related agencies to examine, supervise, gather information and settle breaches in business registration of businesses in the area; collect, store and manage information of business registration.
9. Collective business and Private business
- Act as the focal point to gather information to proposal structure and mechanism, plan for development of collective business and private business; instruct, follow, gather information and assess the implementation process of program, plans, mechanism, policy for development of collective business, private business and their business activities in the province.
- Lead and collaborate with related agencies to solve disputes in mechanism, policy for development of collective business and private business.
- Act as the focal point and collaborate with foreign and domestic organizations and individuals to do research, summarize experience, formulate programs and projects to attract capital and other resources for the development of collective business and private business in the province.
- As instructed by the Ministry, periodically report to the provincial People's Committee, to the Ministry of Planning and Investment and related ministries or ministry-level agencies about the development of collective business and private business in the area.
10. International Cooperation: International cooperation within the aspect of planning and investment according to the legal regulations and as assigned by the provincial People's Committee.
11. Responsibility for providing instruction on specialized area: Held responsibility for providing instruction on specialized area of planning and investment within the department’s capacity.
12. Research, apply advanced technology: Research and apply advanced technology; build the information and storage system to support the state management activities of the department.
13. Inspect, examine, solve disputes and breaches; fight against corruption; be economical and against wasting: Inspect, examine, solve disputes according to legal regulations; within the department’s capability, solve breaches of areas under the department’s state management; fight against corruption, be economical and fight against wasting.
14. Functions, responsibilities, authorities, organization structure, personnel management, policy implementation: Regulations on functions, responsibilities and business relations among different units within the department; personnel management, implementation of salary policy, training, reward, punishment.
15. Management of finance and assets: Management of finance and assets according to legal regulations, and as assigned by the provincial People's Committee.
16. Inform and report: Inform and report periodically or unscheduled on the implementation of regulations set by the provincial People's Committee and the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
17. Others: Implement other responsibilities as assigned by the provincial People's Committee and law.
V. Director and vice-directors of Department
1. Department of Planning and Investment has Director and no more than 03 Deputy Director.
2. Director is the head leader, responsible in front of the provincial People's Committee, Chairman and law for the department’s activities; responsible for reporting to the People’s Council, People's Committee and Ministry of Planning and Investment
3. Deputy Director is an assistant to Director, responsible in front of Director for assigned tasks; in case of Director’s absence, one deputy is granted authority to manage the department’s activities.
4. Appointment and re-appointment of Director and Deputy Director is decided by the provincial People's Committee according to regulations and state law on personnel.
Any appointments, transfer, reward, discipline, dismiss, retirement and other policies related to Director and Deputy Director are implemented by the Department of Planning and Investment according to legal regulations.